Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a crucial element of Manufacturing Digital Marketing. SEO and your website go hand-in-hand. But, as you already know, your Manufacturing digital marketing journey does not end with creating a website; it starts from there. It would be best if you attracted the right visitors to your website. And that’s when the SEO steps in.
Manufacturing companies have to make persistent efforts to keep their websites current and error-free. SEO is one such effort that is extremely important for your website’s performance.
All search engines like Google, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, etc., have specific standards for displaying websites on the search lists. So which website will land at what spot entirely depends on how well they meet the SEO standards.
Having your website on the top pages of search results is essential for increasing your website traffic. Although, it’s understandable that Industrial and manufacturing companies may find SEO a complicated process requiring external assistance.
Therefore, in this blog, we have developed simple SEO hacks that you can do independently!
1. Create content relevant to your customers and post regularly on your website
Content is the most crucial weapon when it comes to SEO. Regularly publishing relevant content on your website helps in boosting your website’s SEO. While creating content, keep these three things in mind:
- Fresh: Keep creating new content now and then and add more relevant keywords. Keyword-rich content is like a vitamin for your website’s SEO. It helps in improving the search engine ranking of your website.
- Evergreen: Create content pieces that are evergreen and relevant for an extended period. You can keep pushing these content pieces through social media and email marketing from time to time to bring more traffic to your website.
- Reusable Content: Content repurposing (reusing) is creating new content pieces from an existing content piece. You can easily repurpose your existing content into new content like videos, infographics, carousel posts, etc. Read “How to Repurpose Your Industrial B2B Content” to learn in detail about content repurposing.
2. Conduct a thorough Keyword Research
For creating content, you first need to conduct thorough keyword research for your website.
Keywords are the search terms used by the target audience to find information on the internet. A keyword is a term or expression that represents the target’s pain points. So if you don’t get the keywords right, there is barely any chance your target customers will show up on your website.
With the help of the right keywords, you will be able to create customer-centric content. The best part is, keyword research is not as difficult as it seems. First, list down the key phrases your customers’ search online that are related to your business.
For example, if you are a Machine Tools company, your keywords can be metal cutting, sheet metal, metal forming, laser cutting, EDM, CNC machines, Machine Tools Company India, etc.
3. User-Friendly Website Design:
To improve your website’s ranking and make your website visitors spend a long time on your website, you need to emphasize creating a user-friendly website. So now, what does a user-friendly website have?
There are the following things a user-friendly website should have:
- It is easy to navigate.
- The website’s layout is divided into distinctive sections like header, hero image, sidebar, footer, etc., to promote ease of browsing.
- It has a quick response time and page-load time, ideally under 5 seconds.
- The content elements of websites like graphics, text, videos, buttons, etc., are arranged to be easy to read and have proper breaks to avoid clutter.
- Call to Action buttons (CTAs) and Contact Forms have a placement in such a way so that the website visitors can quickly notice them.
- There are no broken links. The website is very well interlinked, and all the links are optimized.
These are some small details that can help you to improve your website’s SEO.
4. Use Proper Title Tags and Meta Descriptions
Another simple SEO hack you can perform is using proper title tags and meta descriptions while arranging content on your website.
Title tags are in the form of H1, H2, H3, H4….and so on. H1 is your main heading. For example, the following important heading that follows H1 is H2. Every point or heading coming under H2 is H3.
Using proper heading tags plays a very vital role in website SEO. The search engine crawler can understand your website content better when you use appropriate heading tags.
It is also essential to have your primary keyword present in your tags to attract more visitors from the search engines.
Meta descriptions are short paragraphs containing up to 50 words. Meta descriptions are present on the search engine along with your headings. While creating a meta description, make sure your primary keyword is there, that too in the beginning.
Try to create exciting and attention-grabbing meta descriptions as these are the first thing people notice about you on the search engines.
Image Alt Text:
Image alt text is another small detail that can make a lot of difference. Rather than uploading your images without any description, add alt texts. Adding alt text defines what the image is and how it is relevant to its content. You can use your keywords as alt-texts and make sure that they are relevant to the pictures.
5. Set up Google Analytics:
Google Analytics is a tool that helps you to track the activities on your website like website visitors, the average time they spend on the website, high-converting landing pages, etc.
Tracking your website through Google Analytics will help you to tweak your website content, the position of your CTAs, interlinks, and navigation according to your visitor’s activities on the website.
Google Analytics, a free tool that helps you track your website. With its help, you can improve your website’s SEO by making the required changes.
Even the minutest of details can create a significant difference. The tips mentioned above are also straightforward, but they can make a lot of difference to your website.
As a Manufacturing Digital Marketing Agency, Dijitale aims to help more and more manufacturers and industrial companies with all the fields under the digital marketing umbrella.
If you need help with digital marketing, you can contact us. You can also check our services to know how we help industrial B2B companies.